Skilled workers and professionals: Who can apply—Selection factors
You must provide proof of language proficiency by tak ing a language test from an agency designated by CIC. With your test results, you will be able to see exactly how many points you will receive for the language selection factor.
- Make arrangements for testing by a CIC-designated agency. You will have to pay the costs.
- Include the results of your test with your immigration application.
Note: If you do not include your test results with your application, it will not be processed and will be returned to you.
Do not request that your language test result be sent directly to the Centralized Intake Office . Submit your original test result with your complete application.
What happens next
- You can use the equivalency charts to see exactly how many points you will earn based on your test results.
- The test results will be used by CIC as conclusive proof of your language proficiency.
- You can use language test results for one year from the time you took the test.
Designated language tests
You can arrange to take a language test from any of the following designated agencies.
Note: IELTS has two options for the reading and writing tests: “General Training” and “Academic.” You must take the “General Training” option.